I shouted out in our office, “What should be the topic be for our blog this month?” and immediately the response was to talk about the staff, their duties, and how much we enjoy working together and assisting our customers by providing great service while meeting their needs. Elevators can be very complex, so it takes a well-coordinated effort with lots of desire and teamwork to help with the myriad of issues that can arise with any elevator. At PME, we use our desire to help, along with teamwork, every day, and here is an introduction to those who work tirelessly behind the scenes to get you your elevator. There is a chain of events that comes with every elevator produced and Phoenix Modular Elevator employees are behind each of these steps that ultimately result in the fastest installing, commercial-quality elevator available being delivered to your job site.
1. When you call for a free quick quote or click the button on our website, you don’t go to an automated message and your email doesn’t just disappear into a black hole. After a pleasant greeting from Cindy or Chris, you get to personally talk to either John or Lynndi. If you submit a request for a quick quote, it is forwarded directly to them so there is no chance of the message being lost. John and Lynndi pride themselves on prompt response time while providing helpful information. They are not traditional salespeople but educators about elevators, and they solve problems, finding out what you need for your project.
2. Once the project is ready to go, you will become acquainted with Randy or Chris from our Accounting and Accounts Receivable departments. They gladly answer questions about billing, invoices and payment schedules. They love explaining any issues that may arise and will go the extra mile to get you what you need to move the project forward.
3. Next, Tim in Engineering gets the project. He checks and double checks every aspect of the job, getting each and every piece of the project worked out and ready to build. From pit details to final engineering, Tim and Pat we will help coordinate the project and answer any questions you may have. Tim loves being included in conversations about elevators early in the process so adjustments can be made before manufacturing has started.
4. When the project is an official go, Tonya in Purchasing starts pulling everything together by buying the various components. Keep in mind that every elevator is a little different and has literally hundreds of parts and components and each has to be shopped for best price and quality. The parts are non-proprietary and are all produced either here at PME or in the same factories as any other company. The only real difference is that we install them in a factory while the hoistway is horizontal, making our elevators faster to build and install and high quality.
5. Quality is constant! Part of what makes our elevators better is that quality control checks can take place easily and often. Jason, our Quality Control Manager, simply walks the hoistway throughout the shift, checking welds, wiring, drywall, doors and frames and the cabs. He develops plans for continued improvement and sees the plans through for seamless and smooth production.
6. Last but certainly not least is logistics. Getting everything from point A to point B is a true test that we consistently pass with flying colors. Psyndy (pronounced Cindy) not only is responsible for all the components arriving to the job site just in time, but everything that has to ship out, too. This takes more than a postage stamp, working only with trusted trucking companies. Each shipped elevator leaves on time and arrives when wanted.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the employees that make sure you get a high-quality commercial elevator every time. There are many more employees, including our production team, working hard to ensure each elevator is exactly as the customer ordered. Teamwork and desire to solve problems for our customers is what we do. And our efforts do not go unnoticed! A property developer we built and installed an elevator for recognized the hard work and quality by commenting that, “The Phoenix Modular Elevator was the most painless experience we have ever had when it comes to elevators.” This has led us to be spec’d in several of their jobs in the future. Comments like those just drive us harder to provide even better customer service.